|Position Title||Vegetation Technician I|
|Reports To||Vegetation Lead|
|Location||Shasta Lake, CA & Redding, CA|
Ember Valley was founded with core principles on the convergence of authentic cannabis culture and commercial scalability. We are amongst the most-scaled licensed operators in the country with facilities spanning hundreds of thousands of square feet specializing in: indoor flower cultivation, manufacturing and final-form processing of ultra-premium cannabis products. We pride ourselves on putting consistency and uncompromising standards of quality at the forefront of everything we do.
We have become one the most successful brands in California in a short period of time without having to raise outside capital, giving us the ability to make structural changes with ease and navigate swiftly through the ever-changing landscape of the licensed cannabis industry. We are a team of hungry, humble and elite professionals that put the team and vision before anything else.
The Vegetation Technician I is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the company’s cultivation operation from propagation to flower production. Essential functions include, but are not limited to, assisting the Vegetation Lead in various ways such as cleaning, cloning, transplanting, IPM applications, pruning of plants, planting and resetting rooms as well as various miscellaneous tasks that fall under the day-to-day management of our gardens and their various individual departments.
Under the supervision of the Vegetation Lead, this team member will ensure that the facility is kept safe and compliant with OSHA standards as well as all state and local regulations at all times. This position will be responsible for following ALL Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as they relate to various aspects of our cultivation and to maintain compliance within our facility at all times. Vegetation Technicians will be responsible for many key day-to-day tasks that keep our facility operating smoothly and our production cycle on schedule. Having a positive mindset, a capacity to problem-solve, as well as a team-first attitude is critical.
Having a positive mindset, a capacity to problem-solve, as well as a team-first attitude is critical.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
These include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
Vegetation Specific Tasks:
- Cloning: Taking cuts at right the right placement on the plant and correct placement in Rockwool matter as well as following cleanliness procedures to prep clone trays to EV standards. Consistently checking water, root development, and plant health levels of the plant daily on a daily basis.
- Plant Health: Able to identify hop latency, and variegation. In addition to identification, understanding process to maintaining good plant health.
- Nutrient Check: Understand how to check PPMS, EC, and Ph using blue lab meters
- Facility & Equipment Sanitation: Understand and abide by EV sanitation protocols which include disinfection of equipment and trays on a daily basis as well as proper use of PPE when needed
- Transplants: Understand the process to transplant clones to 1-gallon pots and ability to identify structured plants and prepare them for the flower room
- Hand Watering: Ability to distribute the correct amount of water based on plant health and needs on a timely basis
- Plant Identification: Ensure all plants are colored tagged and labeled correctly
Basic Cultivation Tasks:
- Assist with the facilitation of all vegetation operations including Daily Activities, Quality Assurance, Potting, Manicuring, as well as assuring compliance with local, state, and federal licensing requirements.
- Follow all safety protocols and policies; demonstrate commitment to safety first; communicate safety concerns; promote a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training.
- General cleaning duties, e.g., scrubbing and sanitizing trays in propagation room, veg room and various flowering rooms; cleaning miscellaneous growing equipment to maintain protocols; transferring plants from one stage to the next; de-fanning plants, removing waste, weighing & tracking plant waste.
- Mops up spills, leaks and ensures safety signs are in place to caution employees on wet floors, oily surfaces, and other occupational hazards as soon as they are noticed.
- Aid in completing general plant maintenance while the following company standard operating practices. This includes the following but is not limited to, canopy maintenance, topping, de-leafing of plants in various stages of growth.
- Follow guidelines in regards to the production of cuttings/clones
- Complete application of all IPM programs in accordance with SOP’s while maintaining proper safety protocols
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at appropriate times as this position may be exposed to splash hazards, high temperatures, and chemicals.
- Responsible for completing any work assigned to them during their scheduled shift, as well as information sharing.
- Responsible for following all operational guidelines, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties.
- Transports trash and waste to the disposal area.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the company culture of high moral standards, innovation and continuous evolution, trust in the team, continuous improvement, and sustainable relationships.
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concern in a constructive manner.
- Must be 21 or over
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent
- Basic algebra skills i.e. add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or in schedule form
- Understand and practice company values, implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company
- Fundamental cannabis knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to cultivation with other areas being taught as the employee, shows interest while still maintaining their capabilities as a cultivation technician.
- Shows self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all members of their staff and the company, as well as with their direct supervisor.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with direct supervisors and other co-workers.
- Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, use of ladder, use of power tools, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus, and have the ability to walk on uneven terrain.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 lbs. (125 lbs. with assistance) and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and products.
- Must not be allergic to or have a fear of insects.
- Withstand heat and high humidity conditions for extended periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas, dust, and/or airborne particles.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.