|Position Title||Sales Manager|
|Reports To||Sales Director|
|Function||Sales & Business Development|
We want to take “Ember Valley” to the next level and this is where you come in. As a Sales Manager on our Sales team, you know how to create and keep strong customer partnerships. You know what it means to go above and beyond by driving business results and delivering superior customer service. You put authenticity and drive above all else and know what it takes to get the job done.
You are a self-starter, organized, adaptable, and take the time to understand every aspect of our business. You embrace continuous customer engagement and opportunities to grow your accounts. As a team player, you build strong relationships with accounts to support the growth of the business. You have a passion for the cannabis industry and have a good understanding of all our products and offerings. You are proactive and excel at driving sales, enabling the business to achieve the next level of growth.
We are growing fast and need someone to come in and own territory. This is a great opportunity to work for a fast-paced rapidly growing start-up within the ever-growing cannabis industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Account and Relationship Management and Sales
- Build strong partnerships with Ember Valley’s accounts, fostering growth and long-term relationships.
- Manage assigned account relationships, evaluating needs with a focus on growing these existing accounts.
- Grow revenue month over month in your given territory.
- Stay on top of Accounts Receivables with accounts to ensure a healthy transactional relationship with those we do business with.
- Maintain a deep understanding of your account’s needs, monitor their preferences, and deliver superior service.
- Proactively resolve any potential inventory, service, and sales issues, keeping the customer apprised of developments.
- Build and protect the quality of Ember Valley’s products, sharing extensive product knowledge with your accounts and ensuring products meet the established standards from distribution to the customer.
- Minimum of four days in the field visiting accounts, presenting to buyers,and engaging with budtenders
- Work with sales team leaders to ensure appropriate service/ product delivery and pricing.
- Adhere to company policies regarding sales and discount prices and ensure accurate order documentation.
- Train and coordinate Brand Ambassadors’s schedules to open new accounts and follow through with prospective customers.
New Business Development
- Work with our sales leaders to devise and implement innovative strategies to attract and engage new accounts within your region.
- Constantly source and secure new relationships to add to your book of business
- Maintain a pulse on trends across the ever-changing cannabis landscape, evaluate competitor activities, economic indicators and overall market trends.
- Open 5 new accounts a month
- Coordinate with Brand Ambassadors to set up PADS at shops during times with high visibility to attract new and existing customers
- Meet established key performance indicators (KPI‘s) for assigned regions and track metrics on sales, pricing, accounts, and merchandising.
- Plan and schedule out meetings with shops two weeks in advance, and place them on your calendar.
- Set scheduled return meetings before leaving a customer’s shop.
- Solicit input from your accounts on the Company’s products and services to ensure Ember Valley maintains and grows its position.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Production, Operations, and other key areas to develop lead sources, expand the customer base, and ensure that product availability meets customer demand.
- Maintain an air-tight approach and execute with 100% precision on administrative tasks, meetings, communications, etc.
- Stay up to date on new accounts and licences coming online to maintain relevance in your market.
We are a start-up, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. This means that other duties may arise, and we support one another in accomplishing what’s needed.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A passion for the cannabis industry
- Prior RETAIL CANNABIS SALES experience in the cannabis industry “is a plus”
- Minimum 2-3 years experience of sales.
- Strong use of CRM and Microsoft office.
- Organized and prioritized to meet deadlines and adaptable to unexpected priorities.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, time management, and people skills.
- Collaborative and able to build effective relationships to enable the Company to reach and exceed its goals.
- Able to excel in an ever-evolving start-up environment while maintaining professionalism and a positive attitude.