Integrated Pest Management Technician I
Integrated Pest Manager
Redding / Shasta Lake
Ember Valley was founded with core principles on the convergence of authentic cannabis culture and commercial scalability. We are amongst the most-scaled licensed operators in the country with facilities spanning hundreds of thousands of square feet specializing in: indoor flower cultivation, manufacturing and final-form processing of ultra-premium cannabis products. We pride ourselves on putting consistency and uncompromising standards of quality at the forefront of everything we do.
We have become one the most successful brands in California in a short period of time without having to raise outside capital, giving us the ability to make structural changes with ease and navigate swiftly through the ever-changing landscape of the licensed cannabis industry. We are a team of hungry, humble and elite professionals that put the team and vision before anything else.
The Integrated Pest Management(IPM) Technicians are responsible for carrying out daily goals and agenda supplied by the IPM Lead and IPM Managers. Essential functions include, but are not limited to, operating spray machines, proper measurements of nutrients and insecticides, understanding and conducting thorough IPM checks on a daily basis, and identification of cultivation pests and plant health.
The successful IPM team member will be engaged with a positive attitude and will undertake the responsibility of protecting our plants and yields against all pests and diseases. Your hands-on approach will be heavily relied on for your knowledge and experience within IPM standards and safety standards. Our overall success will depend on your ability to effectively eradicate pests and proactively identify plant health issues to ensure optimal quality and yields of our product.
Having a positive mindset, a capacity to problem-solve, as well as a team-first attitude is critical.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
These include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Performs daily inspections and proactively alerts management of any issues related to pests or plant health.
- Coordinates the application of pesticides within designated structures according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
- Ensures daily pest control reports are completed and communicated to management & leadership.
- Conduct all pest spray activities including equipment, materials, training, monitoring, and problem solving to correct & effective application.
- Prepares and mixes cleaning agents and/or biological pesticides as needed. Keeps accurate records of all chemicals, applications, including dates, and areas applied.
- Safely operates a variety of manual hand tools and equipment to complete daily IPM tasks.
- Reviews cultivation rooms on a daily basis to ensure other cultivation techs are maintaining proper cleanliness in common work areas to proactively mitigate pest and plant health issues.
- Educate appropriate team members on pests and pathogen experiences in the grow, including pest/pathogen life cycle, signs and symptoms of pest/pathogen, and control
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- Complies with safety requirements at all times.
- Must be 21 or over
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, with the use of a smartphone.
- Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, use of ladder, use of power tools, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus, and have the ability to walk on uneven terrain.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 lbs and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and products.
- Job requires the ability to pass a physical exam, drug test, and respiratory health test(required for respirator use)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas, dust, and/or airborne particles.
- The employee works with EPA Approved, DPR Trained pest management sprays.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.