Cannabis Cultivation Tech I
Redding / Shasta Lake
Ember Valley is a leading cannabis product company in California. We provide branded products throughout the state across multiple product formats – jarred flower and pre-rolls. Our ethos is and always will be “craft cannabis at scale.” We launched our brand in April 2019 and in that short time, we have consistently been ranked a top 10 brand in our product categories. We target the connoisseur market – our products are all premium priced. We are a product first company – for Ember Valley, quality is everything.
We currently operate two indoor cultivation facilities that represent over 110,000 square feet. Additionally, we are constructing a purpose-built 40,000 square foot manufacturing facility, where we will centralize processing, packaging, distribution, and manufacturing.
The Cultivation Technicians are responsible for assisting with all aspects of the company’s cultivation operation from propagation to harvest. Essential functions include, but are not limited to, assisting the Cultivation Manager in various ways such as cleaning, cloning, transplanting, IPM applications, pruning plants, planting and resetting rooms as well as various miscellaneous tasks that fall under the day-to-day management of our gardens and their various individual departments.
Under the supervision of the Cultivation Manager, you will ensure that the facility is kept safe and compliant with OSHA standards as well as all state and local regulations at all times. This position will be responsible for following ALL Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as they relate to various aspects of our cultivation and maintaining compliance within our facility at all times. Cultivation Technicians will be responsible for many key day-to-day tasks that keep our facility operating smoothly and our production cycle on schedule.
Having a positive mindset, a capacity to problem-solve, as well as a team-first attitude is critical.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
These include, but are not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
- General cleaning duties, e.g., scrubbing and sanitizing trays in propagation room, veg room and various flowering rooms; cleaning miscellaneous growing equipment to maintain protocols; transferring plants from one stage to the next; de-leafing plants, removing waste, weighing & tracking plant waste.
- Assist with the coordination of all grow operations including: Daily Activities, Quality Assurance, Potting, Manicuring, Harvesting, and pruning as well as assuring compliance with local, state, and federal licensing requirements.
- Responsible for completing any work assigned to them during their scheduled shift, as well as information sharing.
- Inventory procedures as they relate to proper plant counts, tracking information for inventory to ensure that our facility is always operating in compliance.
- Mop up spills, leaks and ensuring safety signs are in place to caution employees on wet floors, oily surfaces, and other occupational hazards as soon as they are noticed.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at appropriate times as this position may be exposed to splash hazards, high temperatures, and chemicals. Complete training will be provided upon hiring.
- Responsible for following all operational guidelines, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties.
- Transports trash and waste to the disposal area.
- Complies with safety requirements at all times.
- Must be 21 or over
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, with the use of a smartphone.
- Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, use of ladder, use of power tools, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus, and have the ability to walk on uneven terrain.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 75 lbs. (125 lbs. with assistance) and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and products.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas, dust, and/or airborne particles.
- The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.